30 Jul 10 Tips to Maintain Your First Car!
Did you just purchase a new car? The thrill of getting to break-in your vehicle can come with certain risks. Learning to operate different parts of the car, such as the steering wheel, windows, wipers, and more can determine how smoothly your ride goes. In addition, continuing to maintain the health of the vehicle is very important. The last thing you want to happen is for the engine to go out as you drive down the street.
You may think just because you drove your car right off the dealership’s lot, it must not have any issues. Don’t put your life in danger by making assumptions. Here are 10 great tips to maintain your car so you can be driving it for years to come:
- Attempt to keep your speed under 55 mph or at the correct speed limits depending on the roads you are traveling on.
- Avoid carrying heavy loads on top or behind your car. This can slow down its operation.
- Don’t leave your car sitting idle for long periods of time, or it may diminish the life of your engine.
- Accelerate slowly when you first start your car so the engine has time to warm up properly.
- If you are in an accident, make sure you can have it repaired to the best possible standard by finding an authorized, reliable auto shop.
- Remain aware of seasonal changes and prepare your car accordingly. This includes checking your cars’ batteries, coolant, and tires.
- Maintain your engine and transmission according to your owner’s manual to help extend your car’s life and save money.
- Never operate a car with under-inflated tires. Check them at the local gas station or at an auto repair shop for an accurate reading.
- Check your battery regularly to avoid the possibility of being stranded with a dead one.
- Stay in touch with your insurance agent so you can learn to mitigate the risks you face.
At SAVA Insurance Group, we hope these tips allow you to cruise around in your new car for years to come. Along with having a sound maintenance plan, you should also have reliable auto insurance. With our help, you can customize a comprehensive package that can include liability coverage, protect your vehicle from damages, and from other events. We understand that your car is of value to you, so let us provide you with personal options that can satisfy your peace of mind.