13 Dec 20 Tips to save Money This Christmas
Posted at 10:21h in Education, Personal Lines Blog 0 Comments
Now is time to start thinking about how you’re going to keep rocking around the Christmas tree without racking up the money. The secret is to think more in-depth about your spending and savings. Here is how:
- Think about why you’re buying people gifts and how much you’re willing to spend on each of those people.
- Budget- Pick a number you’re willing to spend and stick to it.
- Track your spending- Be sure to know how much you are buying and spending on each person because you want to stick to your budget.
- Try to pull back on extra spending- Save the money you would spend on eating out for buying gifts.
- Choose time over money- Do not spend a million dollars on something someone will use once.
- Shop early- Prices go up during the holiday season so do not wait until black Friday to start shopping because you’ll have less time and spend more money.
- Shop Online- If you shop online you are able to stick to only buying the things you search for rather than getting sidetracked and spending more money. You can also cross-check prices to find the cheapest.
- Use old gift cards- If you have had a gift card forever and never use it because you never shop, eat, or visit there then gift it to someone else that would get use out of it.
- Order online early- Shipping takes way longer this time of year so give yourself extra time.
- Combine your orders- Many stores have no shipping charge if you spend a certain amount of money to be sure to get everything you can get from that site to not spend more money on shipping.
- Only buy what is on your list- once you have decided what you’re buying each person and how much you’ll spend, stick to the list!
- Go in on a group gift- Get all your siblings together and buy one big gift for your parents. So they will get something they really want without you spending all the money.
- Regift- Although it typically has a bad reputation, it shouldn’t. If you have received something that you just don’t use but you know a certain person would like better then it is perfectly fine to regift it.
- Make Presents- If you want to give someone something personal then make it. Be crafty and it will have a deeper meaning.
- Spend less on traditions- No need to send everyone you know Christmas cards. Only send them to close ones.
- Get thirsty with stocking stuffers- Head over to the dollar store and get candy, coloring books, or pens that could easily fill up your stocking fast. No need to fill it with expensive things, when they are getting gifts too.
- Avoid shopping at the mall- This helps you avoid those pushy kiosk salespeople and get less distracted with other spendings around you.
- Wrap gift creatively- try using newspaper with a ribbon on it. or just go to the dollar store and buy the reuseable gift bags, rather than spending a bunch of money and time on wrapping presents with wrapping paper, just to get thrown out.
- Be a sentimental spender- Only buy something that will line up with the interests or needs of those on your list.
- Coupons- Be sure to save any coupons that could be useful when buying gifts, it will save you a ton if you keep them handy.