25 Sep 6 Tips to Save Your Smartphone’s Battery
You may have noticed that your smartphone’s battery life is not lasting as long as you had hoped it would. There are several things you can do to help prolong your phone’s battery to give you more time searching the web or talking with clients. Here are our favorite tips:
- Dim your screen. Even adjusting it a small amount can cause your phone to use less energy. You may not even notice the difference when looking at the screen.
- Turn off all vibrations. That small vibration can use up a lot of your much-needed battery power. Unless you are in a very quiet place like a theater or library, turn them off and stick with a ringtone (which uses significantly less battery).
- Allow your screen to timeout in a shorter period of time. Standard timeout is about 3-5 minutes. Shorten that time to 1-2 minutes and you will save your battery. This will help with battery life when you forget to manually turn off your screen after using your phone.
- Turn off your phone. If you aren’t using it or waiting for a call, turn it off. Powering down every once in a while is good for your phone battery, and also yourself.
- Close apps you are not using. A lot of apps run in the background even when you are not using them. Be sure you actually close the apps when you are done using them and turn off notifications and automatic downloads.
- Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth if you know you will not be using them. When they are on, they will constantly search for a source until they find one. This uses a lot of battery unnecessarily.
Do you have any battery saving tips to share? We would love to add them to our list. Just comment below.