01 Aug Hurricanes: A Preparedness Plan For Businesses
Hurricane season lasts throughout the month of November, which means that it’s not too late to make sure your business is prepared. Proper hurricane preparedness is vital to making sure that hurricanes don’t cause havoc to your business and result in massive financial loss. Here are several ways to help prepare your business for hurricane season:
Strategize for All Scenarios
- You should be prepared for every stage of the hurricane, and be able to account for all problems that you might face before, during, and after a storm. For example, it may be a good idea to have another workplace in mind that you can use in case your current one is damaged. It may also be beneficial to have a plan in mind in case the power goes out for an extended amount of time.
- You should account for all of your business’ sensitive information. Make sure that databases are backed up in several places and any customer information that you have is well protected. If you have a business where employees need to be present at all times, then make sure that they are well prepared for the hurricane and that there is a secure communication system in place should the power go out.
- Even businesses that are not in the direct path of the hurricane should be ready for slower service. One reason for this is because other businesses that provide services for your business may have been affected or damaged. Make sure that you account for this possibility in your hurricane planning.
Speak to Your Insurance Provider
- Make sure that your company is properly protected in the event of a hurricane. Call Sava Insurance today for more information about your options and a free quote!
- If it has been a while since you have updated your policy, contact your insurance agent before the storm hits so you are clear in what your policy includes. Remember, the more information you have about the situation, the better you can prepare.
Prepare the Area
- If a hurricane warning is issued in your area, make sure that your workplace is ready. Turn off the power and secure all loose items. Keep important items away from windows. If you’re well prepared and ready for the storm, you can minimize your losses.
Contact our team today, at 860-437-7282, for more tips on protecting your business or home from hurricane damage!