18 Apr Keep Your Home Safe While You Are Away
Posted at 14:00h in Personal Lines Blog 0 Comments
Relaxation should be a top priority when you are on vacation. All the stresses of your everyday life should just melt away with each minute you spend away from home. But those stress-free minutes could come to a screeching halt if you receive word that your home has been burglarized while you are away.
Here are a few tips to help prevent issues like burglaries before you leave for your next vacation:
- Don’t tell too many people you will be away. If you have one trusted neighbor, give them a heads up about your trip so they can keep an eye on your home. Otherwise, keep your Facebook and Instagram posts about your trip for after you’ve returned.
- Put a stop on home deliveries. Call the post office. Contact your newspaper delivery guy. Email the grocery delivery service. Don’t let those deliveries build up outside or would-be burglars might take advantage of the opportunity.
- Keep a light on inside. If you can put a few interior lights on timers, have them set to go on and off at different intervals throughout the evening.
- Keep a light on outside, too. If you can install motion sensor lights, it might deter people from coming up to the house.
- Make sure everything is locked. Before you leave, take a walk around the house to make sure all windows and doors are locked. You would be surprised at how many times this step is forgotten!
Of course, you will want to know that your home is financially protected if a burglary were to occur in your absence. Your homeowner’s insurance will have your back if you need it. Just call 860-437-7282 to make sure your policy is up to date and will give you the protection you need for your home – whether you are home or not!