31 Oct Last-Minute Halloween Safety Tips
Posted at 14:00h in Education, Personal Lines Blog, Seasonal-Fall 0 Comments
You have your candy all set by the front door. Your kids’ costumes are all ready for them to put on. So what else do you need in order to make this Halloween the best and safest one yet? Here are some last minute tips to keep everyone safe this Halloween:
- Make sure your front walkway is well-lit and clear of any obstructions. Unfortunately, you could be held liable if anyone gets hurt on your property whether you invite them or not.
- Do not be tempted to scare trick or treaters when they get to your door. It may seem like a fun idea, but some people may not appreciate it. Unless you know the person on the other side of the door, save your tricks for another time.
- Add some reflective tape to your kids’ costumes. You can make it inconspicuous by covering a few buttons here and there or adding a cool stripe that adds to the costume. Do all you can to make sure your kids will be seen in the dark.
- Check the flashlights to make sure they are working properly. You don’t want your kids to find out when it is too late that the batteries are dead.
- Reiterate Halloween safety to your children before they go out trick or treating. Make sure they know to obey pedestrian rules like crossing at crosswalks and never running into the street.
- If you do not feel safe, do not open the door for anyone. Just because it is a day when it is common for strangers to knock on your door, it does not mean you have to answer it. Give a look out the window first before opening the door to anyone.
Have a wonderful Halloween! Please post any of your Halloween safety tips here in the comments section!