14 Aug Memorable Things to Do Before Kids Go Back to School
Before you know it, summer is going to come to an end and the kids will be back in school. Have you done anything memorable yet this summer? Sure there were weekend barbecues and maybe a visit to a relative’s house, but are those really what your kids will be talking about with their kids later on in life? Now is a great time to make some lasting memories before school starts up again.
The good news is that memory making doesn’t have to cost a cent. Just spending quality time with your children can be the thing that stays with them the most. Here are some inexpensive things you can do with your kids within the next few weeks:
- Take a nature walk. How long has it been since you’ve visited the local park? If there isn’t one close by, take a drive to the nearest one and just let yourself enjoy nature.
- Make a chalk masterpiece. Cover the entire driveway or walkway in front of your house.
- Let the kids have ice cream for dinner. You only live once, so why not have dessert first once in a while?
- Download a star chart, stay up late at night, and star gaze. Impress the kids with all your new found astronomical knowledge.
- Make a mosaic picture using things you found on your nature walk. Rocks, pine cones, sticks, feathers, all make great textural additions.
- Spend an evening playing board games.
- Let the kids pick out your clothes for the day. They will be sure to remember that.
They say there is no time like the present and no present like time. This is definitely true when it comes to making summer memories with your kids to last a lifetime. What are some of your favorite childhood summer memories?