22 Dec New Year’s Eve Safety
We all want to be safe when we venture out of our homes. Spending the evening celebrating the New Year’s arrival should be no exception to staying safe. While you should make having fun a priority the New Year’s Eve, safety should be at the top of your list as well. Here are some things you will want to remember this New Year’s Eve:
- One your way to the party-
- There are going to be people out there who are not as concerned with safety as you are. Unfortunately, driving while intoxicated seems to be a normal occurrence on New Year’s Eve. Be extra cautious when you spend time on the roads. And of course, never get behind the wheel if you have had too many cocktails.
- At the party-
- Always use the buddy system when you go places on New Year’s Eve. Be accountable for each other. If you go to a party with a friend, be sure to also leave the party with the same friend.
- Keep an eye on your belongings. Don’t just hang your purse on the back of your chair. Keep it on your person so that it can not be stolen or rummaged through.
- Do not leave your drink unattended. If you lose sight of your drink, ask the bartender for a new one. If you do not know the people you are with, it is not safe to leave your drink.
- After the party-
- If you have had too much to drink, call a cab, stay where you are, or have someone you trust who has not had anything to drink-drive you home.
- Drink plenty of water and get some sleep. The New Year is upon us and you will want to face it with a clear head in the morning.
Happy New Year!