02 Dec Online Shopping Safety Tips
Posted at 08:00h in Education, Insurance Coverages, Seasonal - winter 0 Comments
- Regularly update your antivirus program.
- Only shop at trusted sites.
- Shop sites that you’re familiar with and have shopped before.
- Only shop sites with an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption installed.
- You will know that they have it because you will see a closed lock in the upper left corner beside the URL. ????
- Never shop at a site with an opened lock.
- If you shop on a mobile device, use apps from the retailer.
- Do not use third-party apps to shop sites.
- Be wary of fake retailer apps.
- Never shop on public wifi and never enter sensitive information in a public space where someone else could see it.
- Create strong, unique passwords.
- Avoid using commonly used passwords
- Use different passwords
- Create passwords with a variety of characters and cases
- Provide the minimum amount of information you can to the site.
- Avoid adding your birthday
- Never provide your Social Security Number to an online retailer.
- Check your bank statements and keep an eye on your online accounts for any suspicious activity.
- Cover potential losses with cyber liability insurance.