30 Dec Preventing Slip & Falls at Your Business
It starts from the bottom and works its way up!
- Choose slip-resistant flooring
- Use slip-resistant treatments on existing floors.
- Clean your floors promptly & properly every time.
- Remove obstacles from your walkways.
- Designate walking aisles.
- Utilize floor mats at every entrance.
- Keep outdoor walkways clear of ice & snow.
- Provide designated walkways to reduce trip and slip hazards.
- Always warn employees & customers of potentially slippery areas.
- Especially in manufacturing businesses, restaurants, and other similarly hazardous industries, insist on your employees wearing comfortable, slip-resistant shoes.
- Provide safety training for your employees.
- Encourage good habits for tidying and being responsive among your employees.
At the Top
- Make sure that there is adequate lighting to see by.
- Address issues of leaks immediately, and maintain your roof.
- Let your employees and customers know that their safety is a priority for you, and they will be more likely to take it seriously too!