27 Nov Thanksgiving Safety Tips
Posted at 08:00h in Personal Lines Blog, Seasonal - winter, Seasonal-Fall, Uncategorized 0 Comments
There’s so much happening on Thanksgiving, and it’s easy to feel like things are getting out of control quickly! We’ve all been there, but here are some tips for a safe and carefree Thanksgiving.
- Find games, TV shows and movies to entertain the kids and set them up ahead of time.
- Keeping the kids out of the kitchen lessens the chance of tripping, small fingers getting cuts from sharp tools, and little hands from getting burnt.
- You’ll save yourself the headache of having to think of something on the spot to keep kids out from under-foot.
- Dedicate one person (or group of people) to watch over the kids.
- If you know who’s watching the kids, you won’t have to leave the kitchen to check on them yourself.
- They can corral kids into dedicated areas and make sure they don’t run into the kitchen.
- If an accident or incident does occur, they can handle it right away.
- Cook what you can the night before.
- You can cook your pies, peel potatoes, and any other food prep you can do ahead of time while the kids are asleep and out of the kitchen.
- You can invite over friends and family the night before to help and to catch up with them before the chaos of Thanksgiving ensues.
- Less time in the kitchen on Thanksgiving day means less stress for you!
- Test your smoke alarms beforehand.
- If you have a lot on your plate, you can always give this job to someone else in your family.
- Make sure you also have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Set the kids at a separate table with a family member or (members) who don’t mind eating with the kids.
- These family members can cut up the kids’ food (as well as their own) ahead of time to keep knives off of the kids’ table.
- You can “sell” this job to adults by letting them get their plates first if they join the kids’ table!
- Plan ahead.
- The more that you do ahead of time, the less stress you’ll have and the easier your day will be.
- You’ve already started the process by reading our tips, so when you implement them in your plan, you’ll be able to tackle the day with ease!
From our family to yours,