27 Mar Ways to Reduce Stress
Posted at 14:00h in Education 0 Comments
Does reading the title to this post actually induce stress in you? If so, read on. There are many reasons why reducing stress is important. Stress can cause heart disease, obesity, even premature death. It is important for all of us to reduce stress as much as possible in our daily lives. Want some tips?
- Take a break. Really, we mean it. Get up from your desk and walk away. Don’t just go to the break room during your break, either. Step outside and take a brisk walk around the building to get some fresh air. It will give your mind some time to reset.
- Exercise. Just 30 minutes of exercise every day that boosts your heart rate can help stave off stress. It helps release endorphins that help you feel happy! And who can be stressed when they are happy?
- Eat healthy. Skip the quarter pound burgers with all the fixings and opt for the hummus dip with cucumbers for a snack. Putting good fuel in your body will help it run more smoothly. All the vitamins and nutrients you will be receiving from a good healthy diet can also keep stress at a minimum.
- Stop smoking. And if you have never had a smoke, don’t start now! Smoking restricts the lungs and blood vessels causing heart and breathing problems. Find another stress reliever that is also healthy!
- Have some fun. This might be the most important tip of all. Having fun is the best stress reliever there is. Go out dancing. Play tag with the kids. Join an adult sports team. Do something that makes you happy. That’s really what life is about, isn’t it?
Remember, stress is going to happen regardless of your situation. How you deal with it is completely up to you. Reduce as much stress as you can for your health!