12 Feb Winter Driving Tips
Winter Driving Tips
The snow, sleet, and freezing rain are heading our way which means the roads can be scary and dangerous place to be. Winter storms and bad road conditions lead to almost $500,000 crashes every year according to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. Stay safe by using some of our winter driving tips for this formidable winter weather.
- Make sure that your tires have enough tread and are filled with the appropriate amount of air.
- Drive slowly so your tires can push water through the tread, which decreased your chances of hydroplaning.
- Hit the gas stations before the storm! Make sure you have at least half a tank of gas at all times.
- Avoid cruise control on the ice and snow.
- Increase your following distance to 5 or 6 seconds; it will give you more time to respond if you need to stop.
- Get some momentum going before you reach a hill instead of trying to put the “pedal to the metal” mid-hill.
- But most importantly, STAY HOME!! There is no way to keep you safer on the roads than to not be on them at all during this time; only go out if absolutely necessary.
If you have any questions at all, please call us over at SAVA Insurance Group. Our main mission is to keep you and your families safe & protected.